Monday 29 June 2009

La Nuit by Rameau


I meant to post this before but I forgot. This is a the most famous clip from Les Choristes and the soloist standing apart who joins in later is Jean-Baptiste Maunier. The Choir who actually acted and sang in the film was the Maîtrise de la Basilique de Fourvière in Lyon. Their other name is Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint-Marc. The choir was founded in 1986 and is actually a mixed choir of boys and girls. It's only the boys who perform in the film of course!



Here is another clip from the film where they sing Vois sur ton chemin. You get a good idea of the film in this clip. If you liked Dead Poets Society or The History Boys or even Mr. Holland's Opus you will love this. If you've not seen it GET IT.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is just what I have been searching for. I love boy choirs,like Libera,Boys Air Choir, and many more.I hope to follow your blog daily,as I have locked it in my favorites list. Thank you.(TC701).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super film, super blog

    ReplyDelete